Robertson Sanitation, the residential division of United Waste Service, began furnishing the City of Riverdale's sanitation service on January 1, 1999.
On Wednesday of each week, the following services will be provided to your residence:
- Curbside trash pickup (once per week)
- Curbside recycling pickup (once per week)
- Curbside yard waste pickup (once per week)
Special Pickup Service
Contact Community Development, at (770) 996-3397, to schedule pickup of air conditioners, refrigerators, washers, dryers, other appliances, and any other special pickup services.
Robertson Sanitation will clean up any trash spills caused by their personnel.
Do's & Don'ts
To ensure the best service possible do place all trash:
- Inside plastic bags
- In the Robertson trash container
- On the curb later than 7:00 am Wednesday morning
Do not place the following in trash containers:
- Dead animals
- Used oil filters
- Pool chemicals
- Tires, batteries or antifreeze
- Dirt, concrete, bricks or rocks
- Construction/remodeling debris
- Paint, paint thinners and solvents
Yard waste will be picked up at the curb in biodegradable brown paper bags. Plastic bags will not be accepted. Yard waste is defined as follows:
- Leaves, shrubs and tree prunings
- Grass clippings
- Nursery and greenhouse vegetative residuals
- Vegetative matter resulting from landscaping development and maintenance
Tree removal of any kind or commercial landscaping operations will not be collected. If you have any additional questions, call the division at (770)-996-3397.
New Year’s Day – (if the holiday falls on a Monday, Tuesday, or Wednesday, service will be on Thursday)
Memorial Day –( service will be on Thursday)
Independence Day – (if the holiday falls on a Monday, Tuesday, or Wednesday, service will be on Thursday)
Labor Day – (service will be on Thursday)
Thanksgiving Day – (service on Wednesday)
Christmas Day – (if the holiday falls on a Monday, Tuesday, or Wednesday, service will be on Thursday)
If you have any further questions or if you need additional assistance on sanitation services, please call the City’s Contractor at 404-693-9535 or if you need the City’s direct assistance please call 770-996-3397 and press 0 (zero).