The Riverdale Police Department is charged with keeping the City of Riverdale safe. All of the divisions or units in the police department compliment each other to achieve the goal of crime reduction and the overall safety of the community.
The department is organized in three major areas as follows:
Administrative Services Division
- Office of Professional Standards (OPS) -The Office of Professional Standards will handle all internal affairs matters as well as recruitment of all new employees.
- Training Coordinator - The training coordinator Lt. C. Cooper is responsible for planning, coordinating and facilitating training programs for personnel in the Police Department. Lt. C. Cooper can be contacted by email at email@example.com or phone at 770-996-3382.
- Accreditation/Certification - The Accreditation manager is responsible for ensuring that the department can demonstrate compliance with the standards that the Council on Accreditation of Law Enforcement Agencies (CALEA) requires for national certification of police agencies.
- Crime Analysis - The Crime Analyst analyzes the Part 1 Crime incidents and other criminal activity.
- Administrative Assistant - The Administrative Assistant performs administrative tasks that include but are not limited to, budget preparation, processing purchase orders, payroll support, secretarial support and maintains and updates records and logs for the Chief of Police.
Field Operations Division
The Field Operations Division is responsible for the uniformed patrol teams. Officers patrol the City streets, answer calls for service, and work with the community to solve problems.
Criminal Investigations Section
The Criminal Investigations Section consists of investigators that are primarily responsible for the follow-up investigation of crimes committed against persons or property.
Support Services Division
The Support Services Division provides administrative and logistical support to all members of the City of Riverdale Police Department. These areas include the Records Section, Courts Services and Communications/911, Departmental Property Control, Evidence and Vehicle Maintenance.